Perinatal anxiety and depression are mental health conditions and there are many places and resources where you can seek help. Keep asking until you get help.
In a crisis please call 111, go to the nearest ED
or call the Crisis Resolution Team on 0800 920 092
Perinatal Mental Health Information
Men’s Mental Health Information
- Kidz Need Dads help with parenting, relationship separation, assistance with legal advice and mentoring, information on health and wellbeing services for men, and events for dads to meet up.
- Canterbury Men’s Centre supporting Canterbury men with counselling and support for sexual abuse.
- He Waka Tapu 0800 439 276 (0800 HEYBRO) for men who feel they are going to harm a loved one or whanau member
General Mental Health Information
- The Lowdown – support for young people experiencing depression or anxiety
- Depression Helpline 0800 111 757 or free text 4202 – to talk to a trained counsellor about how you are feeling or to ask any questions
- MHAPS – Mental Health & Addiction Peer Support have peer-led and peer-delivered mental health and addictions service.
- Canterbury Mental Health Directory to see a full listing of mental health and related services
- Need To Talk Free call or free text 1737 for support from a trained counsellor.
- Lifeline Aotearoa 0800 54 33 54 or free text 4357 A free and confidential crisis helpline service
- Depression Helpline 0800 111 757 or free text 4202 To talk to a trained counsellor about how you are feeling or to ask any questions